Tuesday, December 16, 2008

When Christmas comes to our house, Chubby and Rydell join in the fun...

Here's a few more Christmas tunes from well worn 45's I have saved from my 1960's memory. The main one here that I recall most is "When Christmas Comes To Our House" , sung by Dottie Evans with the Brigadiers Quartet and written by Light/Kurzhene. It's nothing earth shaking but I don't think you'll find too many versions of this tune out there (I could be wrong) and it is a pleasant rendition. It was one of four songs on a 45 rpm EP including work by an Artie Malvin as well as a couple of classics from the Waldorf Music Hall Orchestra. But those other three cuts are pretty forgetable, especially in such poor condition as this, so I offer just the Dottie tune and hope you like it too. I did throw in another single here, one from the duo of Chubby Checker and Bobby Rydell from 1960. Neither tune was holiday magic for me, I prefer the more straight forward "Jingle Bell Rock" to the attempted comedy of the odd "Jingle Bells Imitations", but they are curiosities from some big names. I expect both of these holiday tunes are well traveled in the Christmas compilation archives over the past 48 years but this single was in decent shape and might be new to you for a little fun. Enjoy and keep the Christmas spirit each and every day, at your house, our house, the out house and everywhere! And there are a few others I included on the re-up including Tinkertown Santa Claus by the Cricketones...

Tinkertown Santa Claus

Dottie Evans with the Brigadiers Quartet -
"When Christmas Comes To Our House" - 45 rpm EP
Waldorf / Music-Hall #MH 45-165A (track #2)

Bobby Rydell & Chubby Checker - "Jingle Bell Rock"
1960 - 45 rpm - Cameo #C-205-A

Bobby Rydell & Chubby Checker - "Jingle Bells Imitations"
1960 - 45 rpm - Cameo #C-205-B

No comments: